How to flash a Vu+ Ultimo.
Items you need before we start.
1. A suitable USB stick formatted to FAT32.
2. Image of your choice
3. Compression software such as 7zip.
4. HP Format tool ( not essential but highly recommended )
5. Teracopy ( again not essential but highly recommended )
6. A clean pair of underpants, just in case things go wrong.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the
entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.
Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.
As your Ultimo starts to power up you should see a prompt on the receivers display asking you to
press the – button, at this point you need to press the – button on the front of the receiver, this is a
blue button to the left of the main display and it touch sensitive.
IMPORTANT. DO NOT POWER THE RECEIVER DOWN DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS, AS YOU CAN CAUSE SERIOUS AND PERMANT DAMAGE BY DOING SO.
If you dont see the prompt to press – button but instead see the message “starting” it means that the
receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from the
beginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver.
If all goes well the flashing process should take approximately 2 to 4 minutes to complete, you
should now see a message on the display telling you to remove the USB stick and reboot the
receiver. Only at this point should you power the receiver on and off to reboot the box.
Please note. you will always see the prompt to press the – button if the receiver has detected a viable
image to flash on the inserted media at bootup, It is perfectly safe and advisable to keep a image on
your USB stick for backup reasons. The image will only be flashed to the receiver if you press the –
button when asked to do so, if you ignore the prompt the receiver will boot as normal.